Where Can You Buy Cocoa Butter?

Decorating By jimagination Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm by sweettoothmom

jimagination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimagination Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 8

I have checked every grocery store around- the stupid people always lead me to the beauty section even when I tell them it is for painting cakes or for chocolate. Then when they finally get it, they tell me they don't have any. Where do you all get it?

7 replies
Lostinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lostinalaska Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 8

I have seen it sold at Wal-Mart in Health and Beauty department, it comes in a stick.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 8

I bought mine at a cake supply store.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 8

You can get it in any pharmacy. Pure cocoa butter can be found in the beauty section. It is often used for moisturizing and the prevention of stretch marks.

I know, odd, but true.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 8

You can order cocoa butter buttons from any chocolate supply. I use Noel brand. Also, if you are looking to paint with cocoa butter, you can buy bottles of colored cocoa butter from Chef Rubber. They're not cheap, but they go a long way and it's a nice convenience as opposed to coloring your own.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 8

You can get it here:

http://www.getsuckered.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=NCB-34-170
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=628397

One of the reasons it's hard to find is because it has a relatively short shelf life.

Keep in mind that cocoa butter found in the beauty department may not be food safe.

jimagination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimagination Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all!!!!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

You can order cocoa butter buttons from any chocolate supply. I use Noel brand. Also, if you are looking to paint with cocoa butter, you can buy bottles of colored cocoa butter from Chef Rubber. They're not cheap, but they go a long way and it's a nice convenience as opposed to coloring your own.

Now do you add coloring to the cocoa butter straight to use it to paint or due add the cocoa butter to real cocoa and then color from there> Sorry icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%