Picture Of Back Of The Cake Deleted

Decorating By superstar Updated 9 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm by superstar

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 11

I am curious, I know we are not allowed to post 2 pictures of the same cake with the same view, but I posted a second picture of my Australia V Hawaii golf challenge cake because I wanted to show the back view. It has been deleted, maybe the moderators decided it was showing some of the same things??? I really don't know. I see many pictures showing the same angle just a little closer each time, have these also been deletd? I would love to hear from anyone else this has happened to. I am not upset, just curious. icon_smile.gif

10 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:57am
post #2 of 11

I believe the new policy is that there can only be ONE picture of any cake, and you cannot post multiple pics even if they are not different views. If you want to show multiple views you have to make a collage photo and post it as a single pic. I'm sure if there are other cakes that violate this it's because they just have not had time to be deleted yet.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:07am
post #3 of 11

That is a really neat cake! You should do a collage to highlight some of the amazing details. I agree with what PinkZiab said thumbs_up.gif I'm going to comment on your cake but if you decide to use the Edit Photo feature and switch the pic w/a collage, post back in this thread and I'll be glad to comment again icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 11

It still says in the upload your picture section that if you have a totally different view you are allowed to post a second picture. I am seeing even today that there are still some people posting a second picture of the same thing, they are just showing a larger version, sooooooooo I am still confused. I really would love to know if this has happened to anyone else.

ceshell Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 1:03am
post #5 of 11

I agree that it's confusing. They have asked the moderators to delete multiples in most cases, but they have not changed the rules on the upload pages, so invariably people end up uploading multiple shots that they shouldn't, because it's confusing. It was a bit clearer for a while, when this post was on a sticky on the home page: http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=587580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pictures&&start=0

I think the point is, if the rear of your cake is wildly different or shows very relevant detail (meaning stuff that is impossible to see in the main pic, and stuff that might help someone else if they were interested in learning how the cake was done), it is OK, but if it's just another angle, it's not supposed to be ok anymore. I wouldn't go by what other people post; they do go thru and clean house on pics every few days, so what "slides under the radar" isn't necessarily what's "acceptable" and might disappear in a few days anyway.

But I still agree, I do wish they would change the wording of the policy on the upload page to reflect the info from that sticky I linked you to.

superstar Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 3:42am
post #6 of 11

thanks for the link Ceshell. As a gallery support member, I am happy there is this rule now. It was hard going commenting on so many of the same things. What part of California do you live in?

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 11

I'm just curious - What program do people use to make a collage of their cakes?

TIA,

JW

superstar Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 11

I have no idea how to make a collage. I am what they cally a computer challenged!!!LOL

ceshell Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 11

Hi June! I was going to PM you but it looks like, with the server problems, the PM function isn't working (either that or I'm just missing something icon_confused.gif. There is a thread around here somewhere discussing how to make a photo collage. I use Photoshop so I can't really advise the easy way to do it, but check the archives, search on the word "collage" and I'm sure you'll find something helpful. [I'm in L.A. county by the way, but I'd rather be in Hawaii icon_smile.gif.]

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm
post #10 of 11

BigHugeLabs has a free mosaic maker. You can upload pics from your computer or add them from Flickr. It's what I was using before I bought my premium membership to Picnik.com. I can't say enough good things about Picnik - it's for the Photoshop-challenged crowd and even has Photoshop users as members because it's so much easier!

Now I use Picnik.com to do all of my editing plus make my collages. And, they have a lot more collage options than BigHugeLabs and you can create a collage then edit it like a photo. Currently collage is a Premium feature, but will probably be free in the near future. They give Premium members early access to new features before they make them public. Probably allows them to work out the bugs before offering them to the masses.

Here are some examples of some of my collages. Feel free to email me if you need assistance or have question about using either of the sites.

superstar Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #11 of 11

I guess I will have to upgrade my Picnik. I love Picnik too but I am only do the freebie thing. It looks like the upgrade is worth the money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%