Quick Advice Needed

Decorating By psurrette Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 2:37am by kandu001

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 16

Does this bow look as bad as I think it is? I had problem dying it then I sprayted it brown and it didnt match at all so I used blue and peal dust on it hen added dots. Should I remove it and make roses for the top?
LL

15 replies
psurrette Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 16

anyone?

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 16

I think your cake looks fine as it is... Great job icon_biggrin.gif

tamrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamrick Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 16

I don't see anything wrong, great job!

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 16

I think the color is very close.

What a beautiful cake! You need to pat yourself on the back, it looks very, very, yummy! icon_biggrin.gif Great job!

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 16

IT's fine. Relax and step away from the cake! haha....that's what my husband always says. icon_wink.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 16

Oh silly! The first thing I mentally said, was "Pretty cake"--then I read how ugly you think the bow is.

Quit that!

It's fine--it was pretty till 'somebody' dissed it.

(((hug)))

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:08pm
post #8 of 16

The height of the bow is confident and elegant--draws your eyes up up up-the polka dots lighten it up and coordinate it with the rest of the decor--the flowers are well spaced--just right and add another textural difference that complements--the ribbon and borders are done very well--the whole impact of the cake is well proportioned, wholesome, pretty, uber delicious looking has a can't wait to cut and stuff in face glow about it. icon_lol.gif

psurrette Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 16

OK thank you everyone!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #10 of 16

I like it! It's a beautiful cake! I really like that bow! You would never know that it wasn't meant to be! Great job! icon_biggrin.gif

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 16

I agree with everyone else...bow looks great - cake really looks delicious. Do you mind sharing what frosting you used?
It looks really "fudgy"... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 16

Your chocolate will probably darken and will wind up matching your bow. It's beautiful! Don't touch a thing! thumbs_up.gif

psurrette Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #13 of 16

For the chocolate icing I used 8 oz butter 8oz Crisco 2 pounds of CS and 1.5 cups Hershey cocoa added coffee to thin to spreading consistancy

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:05pm
post #14 of 16

Looks GREAT - stop stressing.... icon_biggrin.gif

psurrette Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:39pm
post #15 of 16

Cakes Delivered and looks great in the venue. It almost didnt make it in its resting spot. After being told to carry it thru the kitchen to the other side of the venue I was then told to carry it upstairs. When I got to the top of the stairs I was dizzy ( because I feel like crap from getting a cold) and went to put it down on a table I almost dropped it. Ny heart was beating so fast and I couldnt breath. Oh my that was the closets I;ve come to dropping a cake. Thank god it made it. Now I am home resting for 15 minutes and then have 3 more birthday cakes to do.
Thank you for your much needed support!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #16 of 16

It is gorgeous! I can't believe you think something is wrong! My first response was like k8memphis's response...wow, pretty cake, and then I read that you thought something was wrong with your bow. I love it! princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%