Cake Balls...what To Charge?

Decorating By steffla Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 3:20pm by mickmack210

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:13am
post #1 of 3

So I think there was an older thread about cake balls but I was wondering for those of you who have made them what do you charge for them and how many and what size are included?

I have been making them recently out of each new flavor cake combo I make and they have gotten such an amazing response I would like to include them on my regular price list with my cakes. Anyone have any experience with this or know anyone who sells them?

I recently saw some 'cake bites' in William Sonoma Catalog and they were like $75 for about 3 dozen!!!! That seems outrageous but I guess they can just charge for the name. These are kind of a pain in the butt to make but not difficult or nearly as time consuming as a cake. I dont decorate them yet or anything but hey...why not? Maybe soon!

2 replies
TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 3

I charge about $1 apiece and mine fit inside the bottom of a regular size muffin paper. I think they need to be a little more, especially when I have to box them up.

mickmack210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mickmack210 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 3

I make two different sizes.. one's about the size of a ping pong ball.. one's a little bigger than a golf ball.
The bigger ones I sell for a dollar a pop.. 5 for a half dozen, 10 for a dozen.
The smaller ones I sell for 50 cents a pop.. 2 for a half dozen, 6 for a dozen.. no bulk prices on the smaller ones...
I have a friend who recently asked me for some for her wedding, and she wants flowers on top of each one.. I've decided I'll charge her 75 cents for each one, then alter the price to include the flowers in the same way I would have for any other cake...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%