Puppet Theatre Birthday Party

Decorating By GraceSolomon Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 11:12pm by frankandcathy

GraceSolomon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GraceSolomon Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:28am
post #1 of 2

I have been decorating cakes for several years now and have just recently found this site. It is wonderful! I'm hoping you all can help me.

My son's 2nd birthday party is next month and we are having a puppeteer come to put on a puppet show. I was thinking of making a sheet cake and on top of the sheet cake make a stage (with tops and sides) out of Rice Krispy Treats and then draping fondant around the Rice Krispy Treats to look like the curtains.

Has anyone made a cake that looks like a puppet theatre? This is my first time using Rice Krispy Treats in a cake so I'm a little nervous about it. Any thoughts on how to attach the fondant to the treats? Do you use the regular Rice Krispy recipe or do you have to alter it in order for it to be stable enough?

Any ideas that are better than my current one which will go with the theme? The only parts of this cake that I am committed to are that it is in line with the puppet theme and that it is all edible.

Please help me with any ideas/comments you may have. Thank you so very much!!!!

1 reply
frankandcathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankandcathy Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 2

I did a puppet show cake for my 3 year old last year. I found a stage online that I liked and photoshopped it purple but left the gold accents. Then I stuck some finger puppets up in the back on some skewers.

You could do the theatre with gumpaste or royal icing or color flo or stiff fondant as well and just mount it on sticks.

But your idea sounds super, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%