A New Cake Challenge

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 3:49pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, so a client asked me to make her daughters 3rd birthday cake in two weeks. The first two designs she showed me were things I had complete confidence in making. Now she sent me a third pic of a cake that I feel somewhat confident in making, the only challenging part to me would be the cupcake on top. Does anyone here know how that would be done? I am thinking a ten inch on bottom, then an eight inch on top, then I'm totally lost on how to make the cupcake. The cake I would make would be done in buttercream with fondant accents. Thanks for any help!!! I believe she got this pic off the internet so I can't give credit where credit is due.

http://www.monzis.com/images/Pink%20Emma%20w-cupcake.jpg

7 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 8

Well to me it looks like they used the giant cupcake pan from Wilton. I'm sure you could look on their sight and see if that's the one. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

TheCakerator Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 8

thanks, I kinda thought that myself, but not really wanting to go out and spend the 30.00$ on it ...

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 8

either the wilton cc pan or a 6 in round carved down with a small flower pan on top rounded off. Very cute cake. Good luck with it!

kbw5780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbw5780 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 8

I have seen some cupcake cakes that used a rice krispie treat to mold the cupcake shape out of and then ice as normal and just do cake on the bottom tiers. This cake may too big to do that, though.

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 8

looks like 6" rounds to me with one of those small petal pans on the top. know what im talking about?

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 8

i agree 2 six in pans will work fine....... i would top it with a petal pan, or a half ball pan

TheCakerator Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 8

thanks you guys for all the fast replies .. sounds like with help from this site I should be able to make it for them ... now its just a matter of discussing $$. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%