3D Barney Cake

Decorating By 3angels Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 11:27am by conwayinkzn

3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3angels Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 5

About how many servings will 3D Barney be to all replies?

3 Angels

4 replies
3angels Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 5

Hello everyone out there in CC Land. How is it going? I got a call from a potential client to make a 3D Barney cake which is due in November. I haven't given the client a green light to do the cake as of yet. She called me and left me a voice mail. Can anyone out there advise me on how to make a 3D Barney cake?
Thanks in advance.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't made a 3D Barney cake, but I guess it wouldn't be much different than the dragon I made. You can see some in-progress pictures of it here:
http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Roger.html
If you want to carve your own, maybe that will give you someplace to start. You could possibly use the 3D stand-up bear pan as a starting place if you don't want to carve from rounds like I did.

HTH,
Deanna

3angels Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 5

Deanna,
Thanks for your input. I'll try the standup pan that you suggested. I'll also check out your dragon cake.

Gwen

conwayinkzn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conwayinkzn Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 11:27am
post #5 of 5

Hi Gwen and Deanna,

Firstly Deanna, your dragon is spectacular and I can't wait to try it our for my Mom's 60th - strange but true icon_smile.gif I'll be ordering your DVD the the ZAR $ improves a bit more!

Gwen, how did the Barney go? Do you have any pics? I'm really nervous to try but guess it's the best way to learn!

Thanks for sharing,
Lee-Ann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%