What Is Your Ri Outlining Technique?

Baking By Pebbles13 Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 2:09am by Pebbles13

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 6

I was just wondering how all of you outline cookies. Do you outline them
on a flat surface, turntable, or just while holding them? I try holding the
cookie in my hand, but sometimes it gets awkward (like when I'm piping
around a circle). I'd like to practice getting straighter, smoother lines and hope some of you expert decorators can offer some hints! Thank you.

5 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 6

When I outline, I just put the cookie on a small piece of waxed paper and move it around with my finger as I need to, then when I'm done I just push the whole thing out of my way and do the same to the next one.

cookiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedecorator Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 6

I put my cookies on a cookie sheet and outline the cookie on a flat surface turning the cookie as needed.

Pebbles13 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for your responses. When I have some extra time, I'm going
to try your different techniques and see which one works best for me. It
takes practice to get good at decorating, but I sure am having fun learning icon_smile.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 6

First, I stack cookbooks or get a box to use as my surface to raise the whole cookie up so I don't tweak my back. (Gee, I sound older than I am!) I then cover over it with foil (to protect the books, etc.) Then, like Kimsmom, I then put each cookie on a small piece of wax paper also and turn as needed. I then place it on the counter to dry and begin on the next one!

Pebbles13 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:09am
post #6 of 6

TracyLH: I know what you mean about the back! Sometimes decorating requires hours of standing or bending over in a chair, so raising the height to decorate on is a great idea. I really value everyone's tips. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%