Marker On The Wall!!!

Lounge By imagine76 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 2:12am by susanmm23

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:26am
post #1 of 4

so, the 2 year old drew all over the walls in my 6 year old's room. i scrubbed it with 2 different kinds of magic eraser and it's only a little lighter. i painted over it and it's showing right through. i went BACK to the store to get some kilz (which is guarenteed 1 coat) and it's still showing through 1 coat of regular paint and 2 coats of kilz. anyone got a quick fix solution? my daughter is sleeping on the floor of my room because i can't put her back in her room yet which means big mama isn't getting much sleep tonight because i'll hear every breath she takes. and you know, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

so what can you tell my grumpy butt about the daggone wall?

thanks in advance!

3 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #2 of 4

Try white out. My husband wrote his name in huge letters with majic marker as a child and my MIL said she painted it several times but it would bleed through. Then someone told her to try the white out before painting and that worked.

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 4

alright, i'm back to the store for 10 bottles of white out! i guess my daughter might be back in my room so she doesn't go stupid from the fumes icon_lol.gif
thanks!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:12am
post #4 of 4

well before you painted i would have told you to wipe it down with rubbing alcohol works for most finishes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%