Notter School Vs Le Cordon Bleu

Decorating By Juny1980 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm by Juny1980

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 8

Hello,

I am considering going back to school next year to becoma a Certified Pastry Chef; however, I'm torn. There are 2 schools nearby...The Notter School of Pastry Arts and Le Cordon Bleu. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance!

7 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 8

NOTTER. LCB as a whole is nothing, but an advertising farce. Notter is in the top 2-3 in the country.

Mike

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:45am
post #3 of 8

Notter all the way! LCB in France would be awesome. LCB here in the states--not so great.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:11am
post #4 of 8

I have attended a couple of courses at the Notter school and as a result I am always sent info about their upcoming classes and their 6 month courses. As a school they have top notch instructors visiting and they always seem to have interesting speciality courses. I don't know anything about LCB so I cannot compare, but the Notter school is certainly very good.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 8

Notter, I am going there after I am done with the art institute. Only for the weekend classes and the special guests they have. I checked out lcb and I wasn't really feeling the amount of cash shelled out to the classroom student to teacher ratio. Notter is not very expensive and you can go to classes on the weekends too.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 8

NOTTER NOTTER NOTTER! Be lucky that you live close enough to go. I would've given my left arm to go to Notter, but then i realized, well, what kind of pastry chef would I be without a left arm (lol)... my life circumstances did not really allow for even temporary relocation to Florida, so the FCI won out. I do plan on taking some continuing education classes there in the (hopefully) not too distant future, but if you can go there for your certificate, then GO FOR IT!

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 8

Definitely Notter thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif ...I have taken classes there and I cant wait take the 24 week program...I think it is the best school in town that offers a great pastry program and the price is reasonable... icon_biggrin.gif

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 8

Wow, thank you ALL for such GREAT and POSITIVE feedback. You have definitely made my decision much much easier =)

I was already excited about Notter and was leaning more towards it anyway, but your comments have really pushed me right over.

I can't wait to sign up!!!

Notter, HERE I COME!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%