How Did You Meet Your Dh/bf?

Lounge By ccr03 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm by sueco

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 11:40am
post #61 of 64

I met my husband at work in a Real Estate office - I was the Sat Girl. We became best friends, hung out, I had other boyfriends but he never had a girlfriend, he was always just there. Fast forward 8 years and he decided to let me know how he actually felt about me. My dad was in hospital dying of cancer and my DH wrote him a letter and asked "if the situation was different between Kim and I, would you allow me to marry your daughter?" The situation did change between us and we started dating, 10 months later he proposed to me with a sign made from 500 light bulbs erected on the side of a cliff at Bilgola beach (Northern beaches in Syd) which flashed up one word at a time as we walked along the beach "Kim, will you marry me?" I, of course said yes, exactly a year before we got married my husband sent me 31 long stem red roses and the note read "a rose a day, until the day" and he did exactly that, each month arrived 30 or 31 long steam red roses until the day we got married. We married on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour and have 3 beautiful children and are just about to celebrate 14 yrs.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:49pm
post #62 of 64

These are great stories.
I met my first dh, when I was 17 and he was 19. Him and his friend from the Marines were at my cousin's house [his friend was dating my cousin] I stopped by there and he told my cousin that he would like to take me out. So that started that. We got married 2 yrs later, He had to go to VietNam first for a year.We were married for 15 years when he drowned in a boating accident in 1986. We had 3 dds and a son.
Fast forward to 2002, I was in a bad relationship with an ex idiot[won't give him the title of bf] who caused me to lose my house and wouldn't leave, so I ended up moving across the state to where I am now. I rented a house and my now dh had just moved in to the house next door with his brother[ same story just about] to get away from and ex in another state. We met in my backyard, Been together ever since, Got married in 2004. Puts a whole new spin on LOVE THY NEIGHBOR!!!!
He is fantastic, and I wish I had met him years ago.

Butterfly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly27 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:48am
post #63 of 64

I just love reading stories like these. You can meet people in the strangest of places. I met my husband believe it or not at my dad's 2nd wedding. They were in the navy together. My dad asked him to be an usher at the wedding. Those were the days when I was a player. I had 4 boyfriends at the time. What can I say, I was only 19 and well people are like shoes....you got to try them on to see how they fit. Anyway, back to the story. We talked for a few hours at the reception on the beach. We would have talked longer but my older step brother's called him inside so they could show him something. He got scared when they pulled out all their guns and told him that they had to protect me since I was their new little sister. I told them to back off and that I can take care of myself thankyou very much. I am no wimp. When you mess with me you are messing with one of the big dogs. I know how to shoot guns too you know...I learned when I was 8 years old. Whoopty doo. Not a big deal. Whatever. Boys will be boys I guess. Maybe bringing out the guns makes them feel all superior or something. I don't know. icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway, that didn't scare him away for good because about a week later my dad asked if I wanted to go out with this guy and I said "go out with who"? icon_confused.gif I didn't even remember him. So after my dad reminded me who he was I said ok why not. He asked my dad what my favorite candy was and well he showed up at my apartment with roses in one hand and a huge bag of reeses peanut butter cups in the other. I knew right then he was a keeper. I ditched the other 4 guys and the rest is history. Here we are 14 years later and still going strong. He is my best friend and the love of my life and I have my dad to thank for that. So Thanx Dad! thumbs_up.gif

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #64 of 64

I met my husband at a Young Single Parents meeting. A friend of mine wanted me to go with her so that there would be somebody she knew there. Kind of a moral support thing. We were both divorced with young sons. I had even told her after going a few times "If I ever meet anybody, I don't think it's going to be here". Then one night, lo and behold, this guy is there who seems pretty nice. He sat at the Newbie table with my friend and I but had to leave early. Didn't see him for a few weeks because I wasn't there one week, then he wasn't there, etc. Finally got to talk to him a little bit, but no big deal. Then out of the blue, he calls me at work. Uh oh, I think, Stalker! So we go out, and the rest is history. Our 15th wedding anniversary is this June, and together we have an 11 yr. old son, along with his 26 yr old, and my 22 yr. old. My friend, by the way, didn't meet anyone there, but I was lucky enough to meet and marry the best guy in the world! Guess it's true what they say: You find what you want when you're not looking so hard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%