Holloween Themed Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By MOLDY_96 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 3:12pm by Molly2

MOLDY_96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOLDY_96 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 15

I have been asked to do a baby shower cake for an co-workers daughter. The shower is holloween themed and I am at a total loss. If anyone has ideas i would be so greatfull. I want cute but not creepy that is the only thing i can think. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

14 replies
pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 15

How about a mom and dad ghost with a baby ghost?

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 15

You could do a pumkin shaped cake and add a sleeping baby on top of the pumpkin. maybe cover the baby with a leaf/vine like a baby blanket. Use a ball pan for the pumpkin, and depending on servings required put that on top of a sheet cake. HTH icon_smile.gif

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 15

You could play off the saying "trick or treat" and somehow say it's a treat.

angelcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakesmom Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 15

Maybe you could make a pumpkin patch with fondant pumpkins with little babies among the patch. icon_confused.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 15

What about a pregnant ghost?
It would be a pretty simple 3-D cake to make, just a little carving and you could cover it in white fondant. Maybe add something pink or blue depending on what the baby is.
This is just a quick sketch I did in paint but its the general idea.
LL

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 15

How about something with several pumpkins around with vines and leaves? Put the baby in the middle and write some like "Something special in s pumpkin patch" or "A gift from the pumpkin patch."

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 15

Well that is a different request. But it could turn out so cute. Everyone has such good ideas!!! Although I am not much help. I love the ghost and the pumpkin patch ideas....Good Luck...I cant wait to see the pictures of it!!!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:04pm
post #9 of 15

My first thought was Casper, the friendly ghost. If you google it you will find lots of pictures in cluding the classic one of him sitting in a chair reading a book called "How to Win Friends." Change that to "Taking Care of Babies." Toss around some baby toys and stuff and a cradle with a tiny ghost baby in it. Casper can be rocking the cradle with his foot.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-79137.html this is the kind of thing I was thinking of only instead of a dragon. Casper in his chair reading and rocking the cradle.

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:08pm
post #10 of 15

How fun! I like the pumpkin patch ideas, and you could even do two bundt pans (one inverted on top of the other) to make a big pumpkin, you could do little pumpkin cakes for other pumpkins in the patch (using mini bundt pans). Cover them with orange fondant and give them a green inverted ice cream cone stem. Add some vines and a precious baby. You could even "drape" fondant pumpkin leaves as a blanket or diaper cover. Just brainstorming.

Good Luck, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm
post #11 of 15

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1179711.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1158364.html

I made this one from bundt cakes last year for a babyshower... goes along with the pumpkin idea from above.

gummy_buns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gummy_buns Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 15

You could do the pumpkin with a baby on top but make the baby like a lady bug or a bat (put bat wings on the baby) things u could do with a sleeping baby! Ya know like those popular baby pics with the babies and there naked and on there tummys sleeping and they put like angel wings on them. JUST AN IDEA!! HTH

lenabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenabean Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:00am
post #13 of 15

you could do a a baby with a pumpkin body like it has on a halloween costume do the legs with rice krispy treats and put on little pumpkin booties on the feet,

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:21am
post #14 of 15
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:12pm
post #15 of 15

Cute ideas

Molly2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%