Question About Flowers On The Top Tier

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm by plbennett_8

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #1 of 5

Happy Saturday! I know someone here will know about this. I'll be using a small silk bouquet for the top of a 6" cake. Very simple but are the flowers simply laid on the top, they wouldn't be stuck in would they?

Man-- such simple things drive me crazy!

Melissa

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 5

I just lay the flowers on top. I cut the stems (silk or real) close to the head of the flower then put a blop of icing on the flower to glue it in place. Sometimes I put a mound of icing on top and then insert the flowers in that ... the cakers version of a florist foam square! icon_biggrin.gif I never insert flowers into the actual cake.

edited for a typo....

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for your fast reply. That makes perfect sense to me. No-- I would never think you would ever stick flowers in the cake.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 12:51am
post #4 of 5

depending on the look, i actually have stuck flowers in the cake. just make sure they are non toxic. if they are fake I wrap them in floral tape or wipe them off.. but indyebi is right too icon_smile.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

If you feel you need to insert them, you can wrap the arrangement stems with florist tape and then insert a large straw into the cake. Put the stems in the straw. icon_smile.gif Always a way...chuckle... icon_wink.gif

HTH,
Pat B.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%