Holiday Libations

Lounge By Mike1394 Updated 12 Dec 2009 , 3:12pm by ShelleyMJ

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 16

Since this takes some time "cook" I wanted to post it in plenty of time for the holidays that are fast approaching. It is very yummy icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

It Makes 1 GALLON Egg Nog ( old fashioned)

15 large eggs 1 cup sugar 1 pinch allspice 1 pinch nutmeg Beat together extra well.
Add: to above mix
1 pint 100 proof Burbon 1 pint very good Rum (dark) 1 pint Brandy Enough half and half to fill gallon container.
To age, turn end to end a few times (2) each day for aprox a month.
Sip to taste, you may adjust spices as required.

15 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Since this takes some time "cook" I wanted to post it in plenty of time for the holidays that are fast approaching. It is very yummy icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

It Makes 1 GALLON Egg Nog ( old fashioned)

15 large eggs 1 cup sugar 1 pinch allspice 1 pinch nutmeg Beat together extra well.
Add: to above mix
1 pint 100 proof Burbon 1 pint very good Rum (dark) 1 pint Brandy Enough half and half to fill gallon container.
To age, turn end to end a few times (2) each day for aprox a month.

Do you know how to make moonshine too? icon_lol.gif Seriously though, this sounds really good. My family is Catholic so we love to drink!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 16

mmmm...
that sounds way more complicated than my hot cocoa with butterscotch schnopps!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:11am
post #4 of 16

That is a little more festive than my usual box o' wine.

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:31am
post #5 of 16

Oh my goodness, I think Im going to make some this weekend!!!! Thanks Mike!!

Jessica icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:24am
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

LOL.....we "discovered" boxed wine last year. I host my entire family (48 of us) every Christmas Eve. As the family grew larger I noticed I was spending more at the liquor store than on food. Last Christmas we decided to buy the boxed wine since it's so inexpensive. It was great, none of them noticed the difference and for some reason they got "feeling good" a lot quicker than usual and it made for a very festive Christmas eve. We intend to make the same purchase this year!

Mike your eggnog recipe sounds fantastic.....I think I'll try it without the eggs icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif That should get my sisters dancing on the kitchen island in record time! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:27am
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Quote:

LOL.....we "discovered" boxed wine last year. I host my entire family (48 of us) every Christmas Eve. As the family grew larger I noticed I was spending more at the liquor store than on food. Last Christmas we decided to buy the boxed wine since it's so inexpensive. It was great, none of them noticed the difference and for some reason they got "feeling good" a lot quicker than usual and it made for a very festive Christmas eve. We intend to make the same purchase this year!

Boxed wine is classy! It ain't a party at my house without the Franzia! And now we can add Mike's bathtub Eggnog to the list!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:39am
post #8 of 16

Thanks all hope you enjoy. Becareful it is sneaky LOLOL

Mike

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Quote:

Mike your eggnog recipe sounds fantastic.....I think I'll try it without the eggs icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif That should get my sisters dancing on the kitchen island in record time! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I wish we drank at my husband's family gatherings, they'd be SO much more bearable. icon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:58pm
post #10 of 16

Alcohol is a must at my dh's family gatherings. When I was pregnant, it was unbearable!

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #11 of 16

All that half and half.... yummy but a gazillion calories. You'll have the Jenny Craig police after you.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:07am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I wish we drank at my husband's family gatherings, they'd be SO much more bearable. icon_lol.gif

Me too! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Mike your recipe sounds awesome. I feel my hips expanding even as I just think of it!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:08am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Just remember not to taste too much, too often. You want to leave some for the actual holiday meal!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 5:48am
post #14 of 16

Man thats a lot of liquor! I will be making it!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 6:51am
post #15 of 16

Sounds like it would warm me up in this cold weather!

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:12pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine76

mmmm...
that sounds way more complicated than my hot cocoa with butterscotch schnopps!

That is my favorite too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%