What Is Your Favorite Cake Mix To Use?

Decorating By ccarroca Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 6:37am by ccarroca

ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 6:37am
post #31 of 31

Putting up crown molding tonight - ugghhh - actually all day!!!! Booorrriiinng.
Couldn't sneak away to come on CC - in withdrawals!!!

I am thinking to myself about the next cake combination I would like to make, while doing the crown molding- he he he.

WOW! SO many different opinions. I thought I was crazy but I just bought a Betty mix - rainbow chip - to do a fun little cake for my daughters doll cake, but I have to say I hated it! Too light and fluffy! It made the doll cake plus 3 cupcakes for fun! This was with a doctored mix using 4 eggs, 1 cook n serve vanilla, 1/4c oil, 1 pkg dream whip and 1 cup water. Maybe if I wasc'd it with sour cream, but I don't think so - it was floury tasting thumbsdown.gif

I can't remember which one I liked, but gosh I have to say it was pillsbury. I always think of them as the "cheaper" one, but I think it was it. I know I like DH french vanilla too on some occasions, but I am mostly a "scratch" girl. SO I always forget when I play the doctor it up game which one I liked icon_cry.gif Pain in my rear end. I usually get two at a time to try.

I have DH at home, might just HAVE to do another taste trial (anything for desert, right? But honey......it's RESEARCH icon_biggrin.gif LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%