850 Chocolate Hearts...oh My!

Decorating By AZCakeGirl Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 4:21am by AZCakeGirl

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #1 of 4

I have to do 850 chocolate candy hearts as wedidng favors for next weekend. (Don't worry - I bought several of the molds!) Does anyone have any advice on an easy way to do this? I was thinking of making them ahead of time & freezing them. Then I could pull them all out & bag them later.

Heres what I was thinking........After I make them, put them in the fridge to chill. Once chilled, put each color in a freezer bag, then put the bags in the freezer. When I'm ready to put them into the favor bags, I could pull them out, reach into the bag & grab what I need. As long as I keep them chilled or frozen they will not stick together right? I want it to be easy to just reach into the freezer bag of frozen chocolates & put a few in each bag (They want each favor bag to have 2 colors of hearts). Does this make sense? Anyone ever done this type of thing before??? My only worry is them sticking together because there's no way I can re-do 850 chocolate candy hearts! Any dvice on this is greatly appreciated!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:38am
post #2 of 4

Sure, I do this sort of favor frequently. And in that quantity.

1) DO NOT put them in the freezer, except for the time they're in the mold hardening up. Many will crack in half as they come to room temp.

2) Get started right now.

3) Make 1 color and go ahead and put those in the favor bags. Line them up in neat rows, top of the bag open.

4) Make the other color. Drop those into the bags.

5) Close the bags and box to transport.

6) Seriously, start now.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:04am
post #3 of 4

I make these ahead and do not put them in the fridge - that could make your chocolate grey or lose it's shine and make it sweat so then they would stick. I would do as Leah has said. It was great advice. You can do them far in advance and just keep them in a cool room. icon_smile.gif

HTH

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

Oh, THANK YOU so much to both of you! I haven't done a lot of chocolates like this before (only a few here & there) so I think you just saved me from making a big mistake! Thank you again! I have enough molds so I only have to fill them & repeat 8 times. I'll be starting them tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%