My Son The Cake Taster

Decorating By korkyo Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 4:14am by KKC

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 4

My husband does not care for cake really, so i don't have anyone to help me judge what is good or not...I have a 13 year old daughter but she just think they are all good.... I don't think she cares. icon_wink.gif . Soooooo I have been teaching my 10 year old son. Now he can tell me about taste, texture and moistness. He can even tell the difference of one over the other a week apart!!! Maybe some day he'll be a food judge.

Sometimes I'm so sick of tasting cake it is all the same to me. It's nice to have a cake taster in the house. thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 4

Very Cool.

I used to work for a food company. The staff got tired of trying all the samples so they ended up hiring people to do taste testing.

You never know when that skill will come in handy for your son.

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:36am
post #3 of 4

When I read this post, for a SPLIT second, I thought "Wow...that would be a cool job." Theeeen, I remembered that I have a wedding dress to fit into in a few months. Can you imagine being a food judge and still trying to stay fit for your wedding icon_smile.gif

Good luck to your son! I bet he's a big help in the kitchen icon_smile.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:14am
post #4 of 4

All my son wants to taste is the buttercream. After i'm done icing a cake he'll take the bowl and eat the buttercream straight out of the bowl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%