Hannah Montana Cake Question

Decorating By zecmom Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 4:58am by janelwaters

zecmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zecmom Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 8

I haven't posted here before, but I have learned a lot from reading the articles and posts here.

My niece just called and asked me to make her a Hannah Montana cake for her 9th birthday. Up to now I have only done my own children's birthday cakes. Last spring I made a Hannah guitar cake for my daughter's 6th birthday and the niece fell in love with it. It was huge though as I needed enough for a whole kindergarten class plus family. I had the guitar cake on top of a sheet cake. For the niece's birthday, I don't think they want quite that much cake, so I think I will just do the guitar. The problem is the Happy Birthday ____. For my daughter, I put it on the sheet cake as there was no room on the guitar after the decorations were done. I thought about making a cd or cd case somehow to lean up against the cake with her name on it, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be. She needs the cake for the 27th so I have some time to play with decorations this weekend. I will be doing the FBCT of the Hannah Montana logo for the guitar any way, so I might as well get all of the decorations done so I can bake the 25th and decorate the 26th. I can't do much on the 27th because of my own kids' soccer games.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Julie

7 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:42am
post #2 of 8

the Hannah Montana guitar cake that I did I put the "happy birthday..." right on the cake board. It worked really well...

I added a mini loaf pan to the neck of the wilton guitar pan to make it a little bit longer.

Good luck!!

sttgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sttgirl Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 8

I think you can do either idea-writing the message on the guitar or making a plaque (cd) with the Happy Birthday wish and placing it in a convenient locale. Good luck !

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:54am
post #4 of 8

The Hannah Montana guitar cake that we made, we also put the inscription on the cake board. Worked great!! thumbs_up.gif

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #5 of 8

I also did a Hannah Montana guitar. I made color flow stars and put each letter of the bday girls name on a star and stood them up on the cake and wrote Happy Brithday on the cake board.

zecmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zecmom Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 8

I really like the star idea. I'll have to run it by SIL and see what she thinks.

Thanks for the help!
Julie

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:03am
post #7 of 8

Here is a pic of the cake I did. I guess I didnt write Happy Birthday on the board. Oops!! But just wanted you to see the stars. The 6 is also color flow.
LL

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:58am
post #8 of 8

those stars are wonderful!!! (packing that idea in my pocket for future use!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%