Filling For Cake

Baking By amycake Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 11:09am by amycake

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:26am
post #1 of 4

I have a request to make a cake with Strawberry filling or even maybe strawberry and cream filling. Does anyone have a recipe that they have tried and they know it taste good. I have never done this filling.

Any help will be greatly appreceiated... Thanks.

amycake icon_smile.gif

3 replies
amycake Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 4

bump......anybody have a recipe?

amycake icon_sad.gif

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 4

Are you wanting to use fresh strawberries in it or just a strawberry flavor? If using fresh be sure to try to find decent tasting strawberries as they are so out of season right now, and can make anything they touch yucky with the watery tastelessness.

You could use a pre-bought strawberry filling (like the sleeves) and mix it with pastry cream, custard or buttercream.

For fresher, real berry filling, I would cook down some frozen strawberries (they will be tastier than fresh right now) with some sugar and cornstarch. Allow to cool and puree or pass through a sieve (to remove seeds). Add some red color if they are not red enough. The use as is or mix with the cream, buttercream, etc.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Gelatin can be added as a thickener if needed too

amycake Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:09am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your help. I wanted to use real strawberries but they are out of season for sure. Maybe I will try and tell my friend this and see if she would like something else. I just wanted something easy, but it sounds like it could be a chore.

Thank you anyway for you response to me.

amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%