Pouring Ganache

Decorating By Jmtreu98 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm by Jmtreu98

Jmtreu98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jmtreu98 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone....

I will be using ganache as a coating on a cake for the first time this weekend. I use it as a whipped filling all the time and it is so good!

I am a little nervous about doing this and I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you crumb coat before you pour the ganache?
2. How many coatings of ganache are used?

Any suggestions or tips would really help!!!!

Thanks!

Jeanene

4 replies
okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

I use buttercream under the ganache. I place the cake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet and then pour over the ganache, using a pastry brush to smooth and cover areas that don't want to cover.

One of my favorites, choc cake, w/ ganache filling covered with ganache, raspberry sauce to drizzle!

Jmtreu98 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by okred

I use buttercream under the ganache. I place the cake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet and then pour over the ganache, using a pastry brush to smooth and cover areas that don't want to cover.

Thanks okred...

I have one more question icon_rolleyes.gif

When you say you use buttercream, is it just a crumb coat? I'm sorry..I only have one shot to do this right!

Oh, raspberry sauce sounds so good! Nothing better than raspberries!

mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 5

I icing my cakes with a thin layer of buttercream. Not a regular coat, but a little thicker than a crumbcoat. I just do it so I can have the crisp edges. I also add a couple of tablespoons of corn syrup to make it more shiny.

HTH

Jmtreu98 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 5

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me with my issues about pouring Ganache. I was so nervous about doing it, but it was easier than I thought!

Here is the cake...I am kinda proud of it icon_lol.gif ...My daughter loved it!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1268447

Thanks again to everyone who helped me!

Jeanene

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%