Urgent ! Cake Recipe To Make 3D Standing Cake

Decorating By ErikaI Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 2:06pm by snowshoe1

ErikaI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ErikaI Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 6

I need a recipe for a firm but delicious cake (one yellow layer and one chocolate) to make a standing Yoda cake for my son ! My first attempt to make a 3D cake and all the cakes I have made in the past are sheet cakes and too soft to carve and cover with fondant. PLEASE HELP !

5 replies
mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 6

well, i am not sure HOW chocolate you want it, but Tripletmom's chocolate layer cake is dense and delicious. It is REALLY chocolately though. My family loves it.

I have used it on more than one occasion to stack cakes and it seems to work fine. I always cover in fondant and have even carved for mad hater cake.

Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

LauraLanier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraLanier Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 6

I usually don't have any trouble with any cake as long as every so many layers you support it well and I freeze my cakes that I stack. Does that make sense. Good luck.

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 6

well, i am not sure HOW chocolate you want it, but Tripletmom's chocolate layer cake is dense and delicious. It is REALLY chocolately though. My family loves it.

I have used it on more than one occasion to stack cakes and it seems to work fine. I always cover in fondant and have even carved for mad hater cake.

Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 6

I just use my regular recipe but throw in an instant pudding mix, it makes the cake more dense and better for stacking and carving. Needs a good filling though because it does make the cake a little dryer.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 6

If you go to the recipe section and search for 'durable' you will find two recipes that work well for carving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%