First Time Making Mmf Was Wonderig????

Decorating By pixie_dust51 Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 3:21pm by msulli10

pixie_dust51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixie_dust51 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 4

hi there am making my DD's bday cake and was planning on useing MMF for the first time im in australia and we use ready to roll fondant!!!

question is are how long does the MMF last after covering ????, ready to rol can last for years!!

how long do ya leave it to dry???

thx heaps am covering there cakes to mozza !!

nattyxoxoicon_smile.gif

3 replies
pixie_dust51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixie_dust51 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 4

ok well.... i just mad it and worked it (kneaded) for about half hour and added shortning all the time but tis very crumbley?? IYKWIM??? and Not pliable and hard too where did i go wrong icon_sad.gif

i think im gunna have to use ready to roll fondant as my dd's party is sat icon_sad.gif, this was a less preservative way of doing it plus tasted mmmmmmm yummyicon_smile.gif

thx for your replies!!

nattyxoxoicon_smile.gif

jbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbc Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 4

I don't know if I will be much help as I haven't made MMF, but with my recipe it says, "let this stuff rest overnight.
It will be pretty stiff when you try to knead it again, but it can be microwaved for five to thirty seconds (start off with 5) and it will soften right up and be perfect for rolling out and playing with". So my suggestion would be to try microwaving it. Good luck!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 4

It it's crumbly, it is too dry. You might have added too much powdered sugar. You can try to add a few drops of water and re-knead it. Also use shortening as you knead it as well. Since it tastes so much better than pre-made, it's worth the effort to make it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%