She Was Very Ugly...

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 1:08am by diamondsonblackvelvet13

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone. I need some caker's advice. Since I've become well known (yea right icon_confused.gif ) I've met alot of other people who make cakes as well. I met a lady today while volunteering at my DS's school. I don't know if she is employed with the school or just a volunteer. She was very crass, vulgar, and she was cursing in the middle of the school CAFETERIA! icon_eek.gif I am not saying that I don't because I do on occasion. I just happen to prefer to find other ways of saying things. Anyway, she said something to the effect of, "OHHHHH You're The Cake Lady! Teach me to to do fondant!" I just looked at her and in the same tone she used, said, "Ummmmm, NO." icon_twisted.gif This lady just reallllly rubbed me the wrong way. Then she started putting down her sister who took one of my cake classes. She was saying that her sister was way too slow when she was making the shells, that her cakes didn't taste good...on and on. I just stood there looking at her for a moment while she was sister bashing then I just turned away.
I am sure there are other ladies here in town that make cakes for whatever, which is fine, I mean how else could we grow? Are they all going to be psycho cows or what??!! What would have been a better way to handle this? IS there a better way? So much for hoping we could all be friends...or at least not mortal enemies. icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 4

Haha, her acting so rude is probably the reason her sister took YOUR class instead of asking her to teach her!! I'd just ignore her--she sounds like she's intimidated by your talent!!! Some people like to get attention however they can, and if that means being crass and rude in situations where it isnt welcome (ie: school cafeteria) then that's what they'll do to get you to look their way! On that note ...I dont think I'd want to get along with her haha. I'd just let her do her own thing and you do yours!! I think you walking away was the best thing to do!!! icon_smile.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

I agree that by walking away you did not stoop to her leval.

You're a class act thumbs_up.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:08am
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I feel better about the way I responded. I understand from a number of other folks I've talked to since then that she is just Mal creada...ummm I think the English translation is poorly raised? Pretty much raised in a barn type thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%