Tall Cake Boxes

Decorating By 2girliesmama Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm by CakesByLJ

2girliesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girliesmama Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 4

Does anybody know where I could get tall cake boxes. Sometimes I have a cake over 6" and would really love to have a great box for this. Thanks.

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:34am
post #2 of 4

I often have the same problem! My cakes are a minimum of 5" tall and I usually have customers picking up tiered cakes too. The regular cake boxes just aren't tall enough, grrr! icon_mad.gif

Go to your local Business Depot or Staples (Walmart, Kmart, whatever!) and get Banker's file boxes. (I get 6-packs for about $13 dollars here in Ontario.)

They are VERY strong, sturdy and about 11" tall. They have built-in handles and are a good 12" wide usually. They work perfectly with a tall cake or even tiered ones. icon_smile.gif

What I do is cut out a square of non-slip- rubber matting for the bottom of the box, then lay the cake on its board on top. SOO perfect for transporting cakes! thumbs_up.gif
LL

2girliesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girliesmama Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 4

You Rock!!! Thanks, I never would have thought to use one of those. I love the idea of the handles (since cakes cakes cak get heavy and transport can be a nightmare)The no slip thing is great too thumbs_up.gif

Thanks bunches and bunches icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 4

The file boxes are great and I use them too. For cakes even bigger, WalMart sells moving boxes (extremely sturdy), that are 15" X 15" X 16" for $3 each, and Home Depot has some even larger, like 20" square for about $4. (hint: turn the boxes on their sides and then the openings will be like doors and even easier to access; hope that makes sense icon_biggrin.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%