Fondant Help!!??

Decorating By Jenni2383 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm by Jenni2383

Jenni2383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenni2383 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 5

I have a b-day cake for Saturday with a fondant crown on top, I have cut it out and layed it around a juice can (w/ parchment wrapped around the can), it's been 2 days under a fan and it isn't drying. How can I get it to dry? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE help!

4 replies
Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 5

I always mix fondant 50/50 with gumpaste for decorations I need to dry.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 5

I put my fondant on a cooling rack in a cold oven over night with only the light on and it is dry by morning....everytime. Since the fondant is laying on parchment paper it will take longer for the fondant to dry. I would do it overnight as is then remove it from the can and support with crunched up paper towels and let dry again over night in cold oven with light on......... since it is not due until Saturday you have the time.

HTH
bj

Jenni2383 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 5

I live in a rural area and can't get any gumpaste by then..........guess I'm in over my head! I wonder if I could make it out of royal and get it to dry in time.

Jenni2383 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjfranco

I put my fondant on a cooling rack in a cold oven over night with only the light on and it is dry by morning....everytime. Since the fondant is laying on parchment paper it will take longer for the fondant to dry. I would do it overnight as is then remove it from the can and support with crunched up paper towels and let dry again over night in cold oven with light on......... since it is not due until Saturday you have the time.

HTH
bj

Thanks, I'll try that!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%