Thinking Maybe To Much Over My Head..(But I Have Confidence)

Lounge By Amanda518 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 4:45am by xstitcher

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:01am
post #1 of 2

So I had this thought, I am thinking of getting into the Wedding planning industry. I love weddings and all of that type of stuff and decorating etc... SO I was thinking that once I get that running and find a place to have my business that I will make half of it an office and the other half a bakery for cakes more for Wedding cakes. I was thinking that I can offer the clients a discount if they use my cake company for there cakes. I am hoping by 5 to 10 years from now I will be rocking and rolling with a going strong business.

I already researched the wedding coordinator certificate It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year depending on how fast of a pace you go. I think I can get it done in 6 months and start working on getting a name and so forth. I am in school right now and will have a certificate of business management to go along with the wedding planner stuff. I am super excited about this.. I really think I can do it . when I get a place and open a bakery I will need a very skilled cake person to manage that part of the company since I will be doing the planning of the weddings.. Maybe I can find someone on here from Houston to be my manager.. thumbs_up.gif

Anyone have some neat names.. Something that will later showcase having cakes as well but to be so over powering that until then they are not like where are your cakes? I mean I might be able to so some of them If I only have one person a month to coordinate and make the cake for until its all moving faster.

1 reply
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:45am
post #2 of 2

I'm sure you'll do great! It's great to be able to work in a field that you enjoy! If I ever move back to Houston (and believe me I hint at this all the time to my DH) I'd be happy to help you out anyway I can!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%