Curious George Wedding Cake Topper

Decorating By srambert Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm by shellzey

srambert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srambert Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 5

I have a friend who's getting married in August 2009. She and her husband-to-be would like to have Curious George and a girl as their cake topper. I have yet to make any 3-D figures. So I have a few questions... First, she wants to be able to keep the topper, what could I make it out of? Second, I'm not really sure that I can do this, so just in case... is there anyone who would make the topper and charge me for it? If so, how much? Thanks in advance!

4 replies
beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:35am
post #2 of 5

Sorry. No idea, but I thought I'd give you a bump.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #3 of 5

To keep it long term you can use polymer clay and follow the directions on baking it. Then to put it on the cake, make a little fondant circle so the figures are not touching the cake directly.

when i do figures, I get as many pictures as i can from as many different angles etc. then i basically try to break it down part by part - study the head, is it round or more like a tear drop etc and work from there. Aine2 has a great tutorial on how to sculpt a face on her website.

Good luck!!

srambert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srambert Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you!! Everyone here is so nice and helpful. All of your ideas are greatly appreciated.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 5

i think it would be so fun to have the top cake be all bananas lol

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=77181

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%