We Finally Did It!

Lounge By titch Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 12:01pm by ziggytarheel

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 7

Today was the first day of school for my dd, we had a little meltdown last night, I think it was a mixture of her being tired and working herself up.

I on the otherhand got very emotional, and shed a few tears, so as soon as we were able to drop them off on the classroom, I left as quickly as I could.

I'm just glad that that first initial day is over with and we can look forward to the rest of the year. I've attached a pic of her in her new school uniform.

Rach
LL
LL
LL

6 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 7

She looks adorable. She'll probably have a blast today and will want to go tommorow.

My youngest had his first ever day of school last month, the only local preschool option is too long IMO, and wanted to just stay home. We spent months telling him how much he'd like school, at one point he said he'd try one day and not like it so he'd stay home with me forever. icon_lol.gif

I managed to leave him without him crying and I was very proud of myself for not crying either.

He has reversed his position about school, even going so far as to throw a fit over having to miss school for an appointment, I ended up having to bribe him.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:21am
post #3 of 7

She is absolutely adorable - I know it must have been hard to leave your baby at school!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:09am
post #4 of 7

She looks adorable and very happy! I can see how it could be hard to have your children start school (that's why I love homeschooling I get to keep them all with me!).

HaileysMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HaileysMom Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 7

Awww...your daughter is beautiful! Hope today was easier. My daughter just started Pre-school 3 weeks ago and the 2nd week was worse than the first but she's attached herself to one of the teachers and the transition has been getting easier and easier. I've also signed up for different volunteer activities and that helps, too. Maybe you can look into volunteering at her school for class activities and such? Hope it just gets better and better for you both.

Stephanie

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:13am
post #6 of 7

Thanx ladies,

We are on our 3rd day now, she seems to be doing good when I drop her off, still a little upset but not as bad as it was and I know within 5 minutes she is playing and is ok. Me on the other hand, I just seem to tear up whenever anyone asks how I am doing! LOL!!

It doesnt help that at aunt flow is due a visit this weekend, so I know I"m hormonal right now! LOL!! I guess for me it has been a big shock to the system and getting used to do this everyday!

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:01pm
post #7 of 7

I don't have to tell you that your daughter is adorable.

This mom business isn't for sissies. From the moment they are born, we are letting go of them, step by step. We have to support each other so we can do it right, because we love those little ones so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%