Sports Balls Cake

Decorating By Juny1980 Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 6:36am by aztomcat

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make a cake in the shape of a basketball or football by 09/19. Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts, tips or suggestions?!?

Thanks for reading my post!

4 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 5

I made a football cake once by using my oval pan that I had when I did the wilton course 2 class. I just carved it from that. As far as the basket ball, if you don't have the wilton ball pan, I think I have heard of people baking in bowls that can go in the oven. I'm sorry, I'm probably not much help. icon_redface.gif . good luck icon_smile.gif

IrisC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IrisC Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know if this can help you or not but, you can draw the basketball ball with the hop on a rectangle cake and icing all the detail of the ball and the basket. I did one something like that.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 5

A Pyrex bowl, or a stainless steel bowl will work as a "3-d round pan" You may have to carvea little to get the rounded shape, but the bowls will get you headed in the right direction!
Good luck!!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:36am
post #5 of 5

You can cut a rectangle cake into the shape of a football. Ice in chocolate and once crusted rub over the surface with a textured paper towel. it makes it look like leather. Then add your strings.

A bowl would definitely work for a b-ball.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%