I Am In Dire Need Of Help With A Cake For My Girlfriend!

Decorating By ramethorne Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 12:57pm by Teena_Marie

ramethorne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramethorne Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 9

What I need is to put this picture Image on a cake, but I need to change the words at the top to "TO THE ONLY GIRL I'D LET EAT MY BRAINS FOR SUSTENANCE ..." and the words on the tombstone to " HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAILEY!" Can anybody to this for me? PLEASE? I don't have photoshop or the skills to do this and I need to have the cake order in by tomorrow! I would also like to keep the fonts the same if I can. I know its lazy of me but I have to have it done by tomorrow and I dont have photoshop. PLEASE![/img]

8 replies
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:58am
post #2 of 9

I dont have photoshop otherwise i would, ill see if i can get ahold of one of my friends to help you out. But Im not sure Ill be able to reach her tonight or if i do what time it ill be.

MsChristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsChristy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #3 of 9

As the friend in question, I do have Photoshop, but I'm hoping you have a better quality picture than the one you posted. At 325px x 420px, the resolution is pretty poor and even if I remove the text, it's going to look -very- pixelated if it's expanded much at all. I'm assuming you're having a photocake done?

What are the file requirements for the decorator you're using? If you have a link to the company in question, I can look and see if there's anyway to crank out a decent image.

I don't think I have any fonts even remotely like the one on the tombstone, though.

MsChristy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:38am
post #4 of 9

Um, nevermind... found this one, which shouldn't be a huge deal to photoshop with the text you want. I'll post it when I have it finished.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #5 of 9

I've tried to play with this a little bit. Not sure if it will work. I'll try to attach what I have

Apparently it won't show...bugger! I could always email it... let me know if the other person isn't able to help you out, I'd be happy to email it.

-Michelle
LL

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:43am
post #6 of 9

this is the best i could do
LL

MsChristy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:51am
post #7 of 9

Here you go.

Make sure to take a picture of the cake to post!

Direct link to the full size image is:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/Celtor/Illustrations/rotld_poster_custom.jpg?t=1220932498
File Size: 974 kb - 950x1296

ramethorne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramethorne Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:57am
post #8 of 9

Thanks for all the hard work guys. Im gonna go with the one above this post. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 9

great job christy! I knew you could do it! icon_wink.gif Make sure to post a picture of the cake for us to see!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%