Wiliam-Sonoma/ Nordic Ware Cake Pans

Decorating By maryj Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 3:27am by darandon

maryj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryj Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 12

I'm so excited. A client of mine(not a cake client, my real job client) who is a phenomenol baker gave me her whole set of nordic ware cake pans today to try out for a couple of months. She gave me the 3-D snow man, 3D beehive, 3D sandcastle, 3D pumpkin, 3D octopus, butterflies, ladybugs, bumblebees, roses, sunflowers, OOOHHHH the snowflake cake pan, halloween 3D cookie cutters, haunted house, black cat, pumpkin, flying witch....... I'm baking right now!!!!! What a nice lady to share such expensive bakeware. My freezer is gonna be full. I'll post pics when I get them done. Our parish bazaar is in 6 weeks and the cake walk ladies are gonna love me.

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 12

that's soooooooooo awesome!! What a great gal!!! I've been trying to get my hands on the stadium one by nordicware....like on ebay and such , wish I knew someone I could borrow it from. I have to do a stadium cake and I thought I could weasil out of having to carve the ENTIRE thing!!

maryj Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 12

found one on amazon for 19.95. Google nordicware stadium pan. Even 19.95 is pricey to me though.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 12

I don't know if you have one near you, but Williams-sonoma has an outlet retail store. When I go to Las Vegas, I head over to Primm and go to the Williams-Sonoma marketplace. I found the 3-d bumble bee pan, Santa claus, Easter bunny and all other kinds for $9.95-14.95. They had the stadium ones for 9.95!

They've got incredible prices and I hope you can find one near you.

HTH

Kathy

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 12

Wal-mart carries the Nordic pans. I've seen the castle, the stadium, and a flower one there. I think they're $20.

A lady in my mom's group contacted me once about having a stadium made, I quoted her $85. She wasn't happy about it. A couple days later I was walking through Walmart and there it was. Emailed her when I got home, and she sent me a picture when it was done - came out real cute. (A lot of the detail of the pan is lost in icing, though.) Only cost her a box of cake mix and a can of frosting. icon_biggrin.gif

maryj Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 12

WASC carrot cake/cream cheese frosting. Didn't have any crisco so the frosting slid, but stinken delicious. very hard to frost details, don't know how you carvers do it.
LL

maryj Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:13am
post #7 of 12

well let's try that again...
LL

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:48am
post #8 of 12

I've often wondered about these pans. Icing them just seems like it would be a challenge. I know that getting the 3D cookie pieces to fit together isn't a walk in the park!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:26pm
post #9 of 12

I love the little train set they have...!!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:07am
post #10 of 12

Anyone interested to start a thread on bundt cakes. I still have my mother in laws bundt pan.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:22am
post #11 of 12

I have several of the Nordic ware pans. One of my favorite is the bee-hive. Have you tried the recipe on the packaging for the bee hive? It is a lemon-honey cake and everyone thought it was delicious.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:27am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

that's soooooooooo awesome!! What a great gal!!! I've been trying to get my hands on the stadium one by nordicware....like on ebay and such , wish I knew someone I could borrow it from. I have to do a stadium cake and I thought I could weasil out of having to carve the ENTIRE thing!!

I have the stadium pan - how far away are you from the west side of Columbus? I"m in Hilliard and would loan it to you. BTW - it makes a great OSU Stadium!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%