Simple Country Wedding Cake

Decorating By absijails Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 10:15pm by pugmama1

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 4

My best friend is getting married next June (in Southern Missouri) and her mom is doing her cake. (Her mother is an excellent decorator! She did my wedding cake...) It's an outdoor, country wedding with wild flowers of every kind. Because the wedding is being held at my friend's mother's house, she wants the cake to be as simple to do as possible.
That sounds easy enough. BUT, my friend's sister is a graphic designer - she is very creative, very artsy and every design we've looked at has said, "We can do better than that."
So, I'm coming to the best resource out there for the best idea - We need simple to accomplish, yet stunning enough to keep lil' sis quiet. The bridesmaid dresses are sage green...and the bride's dress is ivory.
Thanks so much for any suggestions!!

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 4

I'd just tell lil sis to keep her dang mouth shut unless she's planning on rolling up her sleeves and doing the cake herself! Ignore her and make the BRIDE happy with the cake!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:46am
post #3 of 4

Ditto! It's not the sis's wedding. Have your friend tell her sis to be quiet and she has no say until it's her wedding cake to plan.
A simple design to one person could be a totally elaborate design to another. I bet her sis is thinking more of an elaborate idea--that she thinks is simple icon_rolleyes.gif .

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 4

Simple would be something like Jenna Bush's wedding cake- ummm, good enough for the President's daughter and very country wedding inspired. Having done it myself, I think it is extremely stressful on the family to do the wedding cake. It's hard to enjoy the week of the wedding when you have set up a major deadline for yourself. What I am saying is I enjoyed doing the cake but my attention maybe should have been more on my son and daughter-in-law.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%