Cake For A Gift?

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm by robinscakes

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 4

I made the following cupcakes for a nephew's surprise 18th birthday party at a golf club. I made 75 of them total. I gave him a small gift, and the cupcakes for the party. I know that it will probably be frowned upon since I didn't get a large gift or big check (it's a country club family--pretty superficial--you get the idea). Just want to get ready for the comeback that I'll need for the looking-your-nose-down-at-the-gift response I may get from the sister-in-law. I'd like to say that the cupcakes cost X amount of money, so I thought that would be appreciated. But, I'm not sure how much to tell her. What do you think for 75 time-consuming cupcakes?

3 replies
robinscakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 4
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 4

YOu have an invoice at the ready that says, "75 cupcakes at $2.00 (*) each = $150. Gift Discount: $150. Total due: $0"

Now, if it was me, I'd (of course) add some snide smart-a$$ comment about, "Here, you might want to keep this with the records of all the OTHER $150 gifts he got." icon_twisted.gif

(*) or whatever your regular price is.

My rule for free wedding cakes ... and it applies to all cakes for family: My gift to you is the cake. If I get a 'zilla attitude, then YOU get an invoice for the full amount!"

robinscakes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 4

Smart comeback, indydebi. Maybe I will make up an invoice! I wasn't sure if it should have the family discount on it, but perhaps not!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%