So Proud! Total Mommy Brag!!

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 4:41am by twooten173

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:45am
post #1 of 18

My little girl who is 6 has been doing gymnastics for a few years and was moved up to level 4 competitive team in January this year and has just come sooo far. Today was their Mock Meet (basically a fake meet held at their gym to let the girls know what it will be like at a real meet, so no second chances and they were being scored like a real meet only they did not compete against other gyms) Anyway I took some videos of her routines and she just did so well! Her floor routine was great she had JUST landed her roundoff backhandspring on the floor with no extra mat on Wednesday so she only had 2 days practice but she made it (little rough around the edges but that will be smoothed out by her first real meet in 2 weeks!

I have attached a couple videos of her just because I want to brag some more lol she wants to be like Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liuken when she grows up.

FLOOR ROUTINE

Amanda
Proud mommy of a future olympian icon_wink.gif

17 replies
mona1949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mona1949 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:02am
post #2 of 18

Maybe she will be the next Shawn Johnson.

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:05am
post #3 of 18

How awesome!!! Be proud! We too are planning on attending the 2018 Summer Games as my 8 year old has her heart set on bringing home the gold in swimming! She is still watching tivo clips all the time!! thumbs_up.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:07am
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkybear

How awesome!!! Be proud! We too are planning on attending the 2018 Summer Games as my 8 year old has her heart set on bringing home the gold in swimming! She is still watching tivo clips all the time!! thumbs_up.gif

that is too cute, we recorded to dvd all the gymnastics and the diving. Kylie decided that she wants to take up diving too lol so I suppose when she is too "old" for gymnastics she can always train for diving at the next olympics.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:45am
post #5 of 18

She did a fantastic job! I now wish I had kept my oldest in gymnastics but it just was to far away and hard to get him there all the time! Maybe now that we've moved to the states I'll look around here and see if any of my kids want to do it again. I love gymnastics and think it's a great way to stay in shape and fun at the same time!! She did great, you have every reason to feel proud of her. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 18

Bravo Kylie. Congrats pround momma!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 18

Tell your daughter we are all very proud her! Great job! thumbs_up.gif Good luck at the real meet. thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 18

She is just adorable and very good. Im sure she will when gold in the future!
Wish her luck in the real meet !

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 18

Wow,she is great!I can't wait until i can start my little one in gymnastics.I always wanted to do it so I guess I can live my dream through her!(Thats until she tells me she "doesnt want to anymore"LOL

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm
post #10 of 18

tell her to keep practicing and I'll personally cheer her on at the 2016 Olympics right here in my home town of Chicago (cross your fingers that we get it)

tamrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamrick Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 18

Wow, she is amazing! Be very proud, Mommy!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm
post #12 of 18

Awww she is just too cute! Amazing!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm
post #13 of 18

She did a wonderful job. I know how proud you are. She is beautiful.

AmandaPanda Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #14 of 18

Thank you everyone! She has worked very hard for this and enjoys showing off what she has worked for.

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:02am
post #15 of 18

Wow, that was great! I can tell she's been working hard. Tell her congratulations. No matter how the meet goes, she's already won...our hearts.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:12am
post #16 of 18

amanda, I know you are proud. She is so stinkin precious. My little girl is 5 and weighs a whopping 29 pounds, I have tried twice to do gymnastics with her, but she wasn't really old enough to enjoy it. I showed her the video of Kylie and I think she might reconsider icon_smile.gif so thanks!!!!! She is awesome, especially how well she jumps on the beam and lands so smoothly without wobble!

AmandaPanda Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:38am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

amanda, I know you are proud. She is so stinkin precious. My little girl is 5 and weighs a whopping 29 pounds, I have tried twice to do gymnastics with her, but she wasn't really old enough to enjoy it. I showed her the video of Kylie and I think she might reconsider icon_smile.gif so thanks!!!!! She is awesome, especially how well she jumps on the beam and lands so smoothly without wobble!

awe, yeah my little girl is 6 1/2 and she has not yet broken 40 pounds. in fact since she started her team level workouts (which are 12 hours a week) we have to put her back onto whole milk, she eats chocolate covered almonds for her workout snacks, organic protein bars and a lot of whole fat yogurt smoothies with veggie protein. I look at her and that kid has more muscle than I do lol. But she loves every minute of it. in fact I use her gymnastics as a punishment threat lol "you don't clean your room then you can't go to gymnastics today" we have NEVER had to miss a practice yet lol .... she wants to be on tv one day. Not sure where this competativeness comes from I am so not competative lol.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:41am
post #18 of 18

I love gymnastics and can't wait to see her on tv! Her really serious walk onto the floor is the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%