Ws Train Cake Pan

Decorating By babyspud Updated 6 Mar 2007 , 5:29pm by chleonard

babyspud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyspud Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 3

I am making the Williams Sonoma Train cake pan next month for a birthday party. I did a trial run just to see how the little train cars would turn out. I used pan grease instead of the grease/flour method with a lemon sour cream pound cake recipe. The cake released easily from the pan but some of the smaller details on the cake didn't turn out the best.

Anyone have some tips for this cake pan? Do I really need the Wonder flour and recipe specified on the cake pan?

Thanks!

2 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 3

I have this pan as well. Got it for Christmas. It's pretty popular here on CC. I haven't baked in it yet so I will help you out here keeping this at the top of the list. I too would like to know what is the best way to have the cakes come out with all the details in place.

Amy

chleonard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chleonard Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 3

i don't have their train pan, but i do have some of their other bundt pans that have all the little details, and i always use Pam with flour. whenever i use just pam, or even butter then flour, it never releases with enough detail. try pam with flour - hopefully that wil work... good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%