Anyone Seen A Turquoise And Brown Wedding Cake They Like?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm by KHalstead

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 11

A friend of my daughter would like me to make a top of a wedding cake for her anniversary. She hated the wedding cake someone made for her and didn't save the top. tapedshut.gif I've looked in the galleries and there were only about 10 to look at. I'm wondering if someone can think of some more pics so I can get even more inspiration. Maybe one that was not posted under those colors but are those colors. Thanks in advance!!! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
cocobean Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 12:09am
post #2 of 11

...also wondering how you make turquoise? Can I mix colors or do I need to buy that color? icon_confused.gif Anyone?

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

...also wondering how you make turquoise? Can I mix colors or do I need to buy that color? icon_confused.gif Anyone?

Hiya cocobean!

Here's a link for mixing colours

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-589750.html

The 1st page has 2 different companies colours and the 3rd page has Wilton's hopefully you'll find what your looking for!

If I get a chance I'll try to search for some cakes for you!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:41am
post #4 of 11

Hi again,

Did you try putting "blue brown" as your search criteria? It got a lot more hits. I'm not sure if all the cakes are what you had in mind but it could help with some ideas. I'll look again tomorrow if I have time. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:59am
post #5 of 11

Don't forget you don't have to look for a picture with just those colors. Any cake that is two colors or brown and another color can always be changed to the colors you need. icon_smile.gif

cocobean Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:17am
post #6 of 11

Thanks sooo much you guys are the best! thumbs_up.gif Great ideas and link!

SDL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SDL79 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:29am
post #7 of 11

I don't have pictures, but will in a few weeks. My sister in law is having a brown and turquoise wedding. I'm making the cake and for it I'm doing a chocolate brown iced cake with turquoise lilies. When I made the royal icing to make the lilies I just kind of played with the color. I used teal coloring then added a little sky blue with some leaf green until I was happy with the result. Unfortunately I don't have better advice on how to get turquoise. Good luck!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:58am
post #9 of 11

Thanks bashini, those pictures are beautiful. That really helps!!! thumbs_up.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:43pm
post #10 of 11

Your welcome and very Happy to Help! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm
post #11 of 11

this was the first thing I thought of, I love this cake......made by sugarshack here on CC

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1044413
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%