Show Me Your Mold Projects

Decorating By Edee Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 12:21am by Edee

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 10

Your sculpey molds used on projects that is. I am wanting to use some of the sculpey flexible molds with some marshmallow fondant, anyone have any samples of cakes or cookies or toppers that you used these on?

9 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 10

I used these animal heads around the top edge of the tent. I did this cake in a rush--it needed more work! Sorry that you can't really see the animals. I had other photos but I lost them ina computer crash icon_sad.gif

Just dust the mold with cornstarch, fill with fondant, place in the freezer for a couple minutes and they pop right out.
LL

Edee Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:01am
post #3 of 10

thanks for the tip, but I can't see the picture, I am heading to your gallery to find it. thanks

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #4 of 10

click on the name next to the x and the picture will pop up

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:25am
post #5 of 10

You know I have 2 cakes coming up that both want figures of babies and dogs and teddy bears.

I have watched Aine2's videos and they are priceless. She is so talented, and great to watch, because her videos are very detailed.

On another note, my local Michael's has these really cute 3d molds in their clay section. There were faces, bears, and misc. other things. I think they were only like $6-ish apiece and each mold had like 4-6 different faces or bears. They werent very large, and would easily fit onto a cake. I have been itching to try them out, I just havent had much time to play with them. Try the clay section in your HL or Michael's store. they have many of the exact same tools as Wilton does, and I like them a bit better, because they tend to be more durable, they work better, and they are much cheaper.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:20am
post #6 of 10

I used the sculpey mold for this leprechaun's face.
LL

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 10

Wow Lisa,

The leprechaun's face looks fantastic! I love all the details!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 10

I have used the sea life sculpey mold. I used the star fish and little fish on the little mermaid cake in my gallery and also for the under the sea cupcakes. Unfortunately I have not figured out how to post our photos here yet icon_redface.gif sorry. The shark and the sting ray were not part of the mold set. It was a special request by the birthday boy.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 10

I use the sculpey molds to make the faces on my baby's that I put on my baby shower cakes. I have also used some of the others as well, just dust real well with cornstarch and the pieces will come right out.

Edee Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:21am
post #10 of 10

thanks for the tip, anyone else have any pictures?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%