S'mores Cake Recipe Needed

Baking By kellertur Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 2:10am by Deb_

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a S'mores cake recipe that I can "decorate" (pipe, etc).

I recently saw a food network challenge with a Smores cake, but it didn't have marshmallows, etc melted on top. It was decorated in BC and fondant.

On the web there are countless recipes but at the end of cooking you add ingredients on top... I'd like to incorporate them into my filling instead.

If you can help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
kellertur Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 6

Well, it was worth a shot asking.... icon_sad.gif

I guess I'll play "mad scientist" in the kitchen again and figure something out. madhatter.gif

jab2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab2004 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

I just made some swiss meringue buttercream and when you cook the sugar and egg whites to 140 degrees and then whip them to stiff peaks it tastes like marshmallow to me. So I would do, 1 cup granulated sugar and 5 egg whites over a double boiler whisking occassionally until it reachs 140 degrees and then put it in your KA with the whisk on and whip it on high until you have stiff peaks. I think that would be good to put in a chocolate cake. I am not too sure on the graham cracker part though.
Good Luck icon_biggrin.gif

kellertur Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 6

Well, I've figured a way around this... using my basic recipes and some finessing if anyone is interested ~ and the cake turned out FANTASTIC, and could be covered in icing or fondant.

thanks for reading. icon_smile.gif

sweetsusy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsusy Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 6

I'd love to hear what you came up with.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 6

Me too.....anytime you'd like to post or pm the recipe would be awesome thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%