Bake In A Nut Cup

Decorating By Chefperl Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 11:38pm by lorrieg

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 5

Can you bake in the wilton 3 1/2 ounce nut cups? they look like it may be a plastic on the rim?
if not anyone know where i can get my hands on them fast?

4 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 5

I bake all of my cupcakes in nut cups, and in a pinch, I have used the Wilton when I was out of my regular supply. I've never had any problems. I'll never go back to regular liners again! lol.

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 5

I just bought some of these as well...will the plastic coating melt in the oven??

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 5

Okay I just went and looked at the two packs of Wilton "nut and party cups" that I have here (I have one pack of the standard and one of the mini) and mine do NOT have any sort of plastic coating, so I really can't say if those would be okay. Some of the cups I order from different suppliers have like a wax core rolled into the rim, but this has always held up during baking for me.

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 5

I was just at Michaels and they had both kinds of nut cups. Some were all paper and some looked like they had a plastic coating. I don't think you can bake in them, they looked to me like they might melt. The plastic is what makes them "greaseproof" as that package said. I didn't buy either because something else caught my eye.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%