Anyone Uploading Photos From Iphoto On An Imac?

Decorating By divaricks Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 2:31pm by Amia

divaricks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaricks Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 17

I have a lot of great cake pics to share but am having a hell of a time trying to upload them. I am using an iMac and all my pics are in iPhoto. The error message I am getting is Error: No Picture uploaded - That's is - no other explanation.

Any thoughts? I know it can't be the size of the file or else the error message would say.

16 replies
divaricks Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 17

please anyone? any thoughts at all?

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 17

Hello Divaricks!

I too have a mac and upload them from iphoto. But I've never had a problem so far. Depends on the site you are uploading to I think. Sometimes some won't let me upload them from iphoto so I copy them to my desktop and then upload them from there.

HTH
Good luck!
marcia

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 17

Are you using Safari or another browser? I believe I read somewhere on here that CC is not compatible with Safari, so that may be your problem. I recommend downloading Firefox. I use it on both my Macs and haven't had a problem uploading pics.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 17

I use safari...

rstml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rstml Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 17

Safari is not fully compatible with CC - You can download Firefox for free and it works just fine.

dttcb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dttcb Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:29pm
post #7 of 17

I had the same problem!!! icon_cry.gif I was using Safari and not able to get a pic to post...but then I used Firefox and had not problem! thumbs_up.gif

Good Luck!

And have fun posting your pictures!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Debbie

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 17

I used to have problems because I think the photos were "too big" (too many megapixels). But, since I've been taking my pics with my phone and THEN saving to iphoto....no problem!

Beth

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 8:10pm
post #9 of 17

I know this sounds weird, but I'm not too computer-literate so I tend to stick with the methods that work for me and don't make me panic...

I select the pics in iPhoto, choose "email" and when the email with the pics pops up, I drag the pics out of the email and onto my desktop. Then I upload them from the desktop. I use Safari and haven't had a problem doing it this way.

HTH,
Deanna

divaricks Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:26am
post #10 of 17

I appreciate all the answers thus far - I am using Firefox and it oesn't want me to upload the pic - if the error message said the pic was too big then I would re-size it. Do you think I should try to re-size it anyway even though the error message just says error - no picture loaded? Maybe I will try putting them on my desktop and trying that method - until then if anyone has any other suggestions I am game!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:39am
post #11 of 17

I think your picture is too big. I didn't get an error message saying my pic was too big either. I don't know WHY! I just didn't. Try this: If you have a camera phone; take a pic, send it to your e-mail and THEN save it to iphoto. It works for me. I don't know WHY...it just does.

GOOD LUCK!

Beth in KY

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:10pm
post #12 of 17

try using Image Capture instead.

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:17pm
post #13 of 17

I had the same problem but just figured it out last night.
Go to I photo and select the pics you wnt to upload
Then go to file and select export
A little screen will pop up and on size pick medium or small then save to another file
Then upload!
HTH

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #14 of 17

divaricks, I've been having the same problem - so I emailed the pics to my work pc to load from there. I have tried with both Firefox and Safari, and both error out. I'll try ah-na and TooMuchCake's suggestions next time and see what happens.

Thanks for bringing up the question, I don't think I would have. icon_biggrin.gif

Amia Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:39pm
post #15 of 17

You can resize your pics if you open them in Preview, as well. Go to "Tools" then "Adjust Size..." -- it's like resizing a pic in Paint. Now try making a collage on a Mac, when there's no Paint program. That's something that took me a while to figure out and was such a duh! thing once I did.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:12pm
post #16 of 17

Do tell amia1024, how do you make a collage on a Mac? I still have not figured that one out.

Amia Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:31pm
post #17 of 17

I'll PM you BakingGirl!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%