No Egg White Cake Batter????

Decorating By NolansMom Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 11:26pm by sadiepix

NolansMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NolansMom Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 6

I have a mom that wants a no egg white cake ( because her 1 year old has not had egg whites yet, possible allergies, blah blah blah) I know you can use just egg whites, but can you use just egg yolks??
I use box mixes, so how would I adjust the recipe??

Thanks everyone!

5 replies
NolansMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NolansMom Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 6

bump

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 6

I have a regular customer whose grandson is allergic to eggs and nuts. I normally use box mix, but for this customer, I make from scratch. There are several eggless recipes on this website. The cake is much denser, but it's good, especially the chocolate, which I always knew as CRAZY CAKE. Good luck!

Mandy

mandysue Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 6

I have a regular customer whose grandson is allergic to eggs and nuts. I normally use box mix, but for this customer, I make from scratch. There are several eggless recipes on this website. The cake is much denser, but it's good, especially the chocolate, which I always knew as CRAZY CAKE. Good luck!

Mandy

mandysue Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 6

Mandy

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, there are several cake recipes that use just yolks, and are very good, if you choose not to do one with just no eggs a all.
Here is my favorite, and I know others have some also.

This cake is really tender, with a fluffy texture and pale yellow color. Makes enough batter for a bundt pan and a 6 inch, or a full 9x13, or however you want to divide it.

Gold Cake-
11-12 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt.
2c. sugar
1 c. milk, scalded
2 1/2 cups cake flour (I use all-purpose and it works great also!)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract (or flavor as you wish)
1/2 cup butter, melted (I have used oil, but like butter better.)

Beat yolks with salt until fluffy. Add sugar gradually and beat until thick. Add hot milk slowly while beating. Sift together dry ingredients and then add to yolk mixture. When incorporated, add flavorings and melted butter.

Bake at 350 for til golden and done in the center.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%