Help With An Enchanted Forest Cake

Decorating By justgale Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 4:34am by TJCanadian

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone help me design my birthday cake? I was thinking along the lines of an enchanted forest cake. I love the cute little mushrooms I've seen on this site, and the tree stumps with the faces. (never made one before) and I also have a thing for faries even though I'm terrible at molding fondant. Anyone have any good ideas or suggetions for me? What do you think of when you hear enchanted forest? The cake doesn't need to be to big since it's just the 3 of us in the family. Thanks in advance.
Sherri

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 6

When I think of an enchanted forest, I think of the Wizard of Oz, where the trio met the lion. I think of fairy rings, gnomes and sprites, trolls, dwarves and elves.

One of my favorites is this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=65072

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Joyful1216 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyful1216 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 6

This isn't exactly a forest, but I think this toadstool/fairy cake is cute!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=31593

I tried making it this spring, my 3 yr old daughter helped with making the fairies (course they didn't look as nice as the pic here!), but I think you'd do fine with the modeling icon_smile.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 6

I love LolaT's toadstool cake, I wish I had seen that one before I did the tree stump cake a few weeks ago! Maybe you could do a toadstool house in your favorite color then make a tree out chocolate fondant, make a fairy sitting under it with some tiny little critters around her like a squirrel or birds. Actually you could make your family into fairies outside the house, that would be cute.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 6

If you search the galleries with the keyword 'fairy' a few great examples will come up with toadstools/stumps/flowers/etc. They look exactly like what you are looking for! icon_wink.gif

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:34am
post #6 of 6

If you check out my photos, I did an enchanted forest cake, the fairies were really easy, with flower hats, simple faces with just pinched out pointed noses. The bodies were made from the same flower cutter, then arms attached on top of the body and covered with a matching green small flower cutter for the collar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%