Another Question About Fondant Stripes

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 12:22am by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 8

I'm interested in making a cake with fondant stripes on one of the layers. I'm not sure if I put a layer of fondant down and then cut the fondant stripes and apply them to the fondant base. Or if I just put the fondant stripes on the layer of buttercream icing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 8

either works.

cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:01am
post #4 of 8

I think covering a cake in fondant, then applying fondant stripes looks nice. Use a ruler on each side to make sure they are nice and straight.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:20am
post #5 of 8

I myself am actually doing a cake this week and I am covering the cake in BC and them cutting the fondant strips and placing them on the cake. I use a metal ruler which I only use for cooking to make sure their all the same.

Good luck!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:59am
post #6 of 8

I use a laser level and project a vertical line on the cake. $10 at the big box hardware store, and both hands are free to work.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I use a laser level and project a vertical line on the cake. $10 at the big box hardware store, and both hands are free to work.

I really like that idea. And, I get to use another tool. icon_lol.gif Next thing I know, hubby will be buying me a toolbox for all the tools and such, like pvc, pvc cutter, screws, drill, and now the laser level that we already have and used twice!

cylstrial Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:22am
post #8 of 8

Wow! Lots of great answers! The laser level sounds amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%