Recipe Request Please Help!

Baking By Molly2 Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 3:11pm by linda2530

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 5:45am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know of a recipes that taste like the Betty Crocker Cooked
Whipped Frosting I remember you could buy it in a box the mix it with hot water it tasted like whipped marshmallows my brothers Birthday is tomorrow and that was his favoirt growing up I am making him a cake tomorrow and would really like to suprise him with his favorite cake please help.

Molly

5 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 6:32am
post #2 of 6

The Wilton whipped icing mix (not the buttercream mix) tastes like marshmallows and you only add water and a little butter.
You can find it at cake shops, Hobby Lobby and Michaels' and maybe other craft/supply stores.

There are some good marshmallow icing recipes in the recipe section here also, that are homemade and probably very good.

I only know about the boxed stuff as a friend of mine made me use it on her wedding cake as it was her favorite ans she did not care for any of the other icings I had her try.

Good luck, it is nice to want to give him his favorite!

Molly2 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:09am
post #3 of 6

I really want to do this he is always their for everyone he is a single guy. I remember growing up my mom always made the chocolate cake with the Betty Crocker Boxed Frosting I have the WASC Chocolate Cake already made now I just need the frosting Thank you for replying

Molly

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 9:13am
post #4 of 6

7 minute frosting is really good.....light & kinda marshmellowy like. It's one of my fav's icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you amoos I'll look at the recipe

Molly

linda2530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2530 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 6

I think what you are talking about is basically a "7-Minute Icing" I remember the BC kind too, when I was a teenager my BBFs would get together for a slumber party and we had to have a devils food cake with BC white icing!
Linda2530

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%