Cake Order Form

Business By jnestor Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 5:38am by drowsyrn

jnestor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnestor Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 7

Hi All!! Do you any of you use a form when taking a cake order, and if so any suggestions on where to find a template online? I could probably put one together with Excel or what not, but I was just curious.

Thanks!

6 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:49am
post #2 of 7

I made up my own

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:04am
post #3 of 7

I made up my own, too.

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:27am
post #4 of 7

decopac has a very generic cake form you can order. There are two things I don't like about it. At the bottom it asks if you want bread with your order and it doesn't have a space for tax. I have a label with my logo and telephone number that I put at the bottom to cover the bread question. It works for me because I don't give a copy of the cake form to the customer. It is just an order form for me, it is not the receipt for payment. That comes from my register.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 7

I just bought a book of generic order forms from Office Depot. It has a carbon copy receipt for the customer and lots of note space.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 7

I make my own and trust me, it's designed for me, for my style. It is NOT a generic order form, because I dont' go down a list of generic questions with a bride. I pretty much just make notes that I need to create the cake. I don't check a box to show flavor, or filling, or cake sizes, or shapes, or assembly style ... but that info is incorporated in my notes.

As I tell my brides ... I'm a Wedding Caterer .... not a Food Order Taker. And going down a checklist would make me feel like a Food Order Taker ... I dont' want to get to the bottom and feel compelled to ask them "And do you want fries with that?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:38am
post #7 of 7

The generic forms I use are for birthdays, etc. I do have a different form I made just for wedding cake orders. I think those have to be made for or by the the decorator since we all have such different styles, etc. I do use the standard decopac order form for all other occasion cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%