Talk About Stressful

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 12:55pm by Meemawfish

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 2

I think the place where my husband works is running out of money to pay the employees. The day before payday they had a note that there wouldn't be any direct depost because they were waiting on a deposit of donor funds to go through to cover payroll. Then when he got his check there's a slip of paper in there that says to call if there's any difficulty cashing the check. He hasn't gone to cash it yet. I hope it works.

He works for a non-profit that opened a couple of years ago. Last week they laid off a bunch of people, and when he went in yesterday he saw that they had changed the schedule and reduced hours for a lot of people. My husband's job will be safe as long as the place is open, that's not the problem. I'm starting to worry that sometime they just won't be able to pay him. I want him to look for a different job, but he says it would take a while for them to shut down if they were going to, and he's been there since they opened and doesn't want to leave unless he has to.

So I'm thinking I need to find a job...I tried going back to my old job last August and it didn't work for me anymore. It turns out I had developed moral issues with selling booze to drunks, plus my manager didn't realize that when I was hired to do part-time, it meant I wasn't going to work 10 hours a day 6 days a week. So I haven't worked in three years, except for one month last summer and I quit rather suddenly...so I don't have any recent job experience and I doubt I have a reference either. I read the job ads and I can't imagine myself doing any of them...

1 reply
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 2

This is just to say hang in there and that I hope everything gets better for you. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%