Freezing Cake After Frosted

Decorating By ashortcutie2005 Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm by mandygirlxoxo

ashortcutie2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashortcutie2005 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a cake for Saturday and I was thinking of baking it tonight and freezing it then decorating it tomorrow while it is still frozen then putting it back in the freezer, I dont have room in the fridge it is going to have to go into the freezer... Is this a good idea, the house gets pretty hot so I cant leave it on the counter once it is decorated... please help?? I need something. I have stuck store bought cakes in the freezer overnight and there was nothing wrong with them. So there shouldnt be a difference in those and mine right?

1 reply
mandygirlxoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandygirlxoxo Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 2

ok the freezer before it is decorated is okay, i do it all the time. it helps with the icing anyways. but im not sure if that is such a good idea to put it into the freezer after you decorate it. the problem is when you take it out and its still frozen, the cake will sweat as it thaws. leaving driplets of water everywhere and most likely run the colors of the icing.

what i would do is cover the cake with something and leave it in a room with the light off and the windows closed. maybe a fan or something in there to keep it on the cold side.

if anything i would TRY to make some room in the fridge.

hope i helped a little...

sorry i couldnt do more.
good luck =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%