Most Versitle Cookie Cutters???

Baking By ladixiechic1 Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm by GeminiRJ

ladixiechic1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladixiechic1 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 12

Hello everyone, I am sure this topic has been covered before but I cannot find it.

Which cookie cutter is your favorite or most versitle, meaning you can use it for a lot of different style/shaped cookies?

I have started my cookie cutter collection and now have about 25 different cutters but I would like to purchase ones that have multiple uses. Thanks for reading!!! icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 12

Heart shaped cutters are great! Turn it upside down, and you can decorate it as Santa's head (The round part is his moustache, the pointed end is his hat). You can see how many CC decorators use this cutter for wedding favors, decorating some like tuxedos and some like the bride's dress. Kneadacookie has a great "hearts on fire" design. And I've saved a design where the heart is decorated as a dog's face.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 12

Circles of course-sports balls, smiley faces, baby faces, mummy cookies, eyeballs, scene cookies(Jen Whitlock's totally rule!) the possibilities are endless.
Gingerbread boy/girl-I use this one for all of my people-beach buddies, cheerleaders, football players, etc...
I have used my candy corn one for my vampire as well.
There are alot of good ones!

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 12

Perhaps the best trick is to trace the cutter onto a sheet of paper. Rotate it different ways to see if it will spark some ideas. (An upside down ice cream cone becomes a clown. The gingerbread boy upside down can become a reindeer...the feet become the horns, the arms become the ears...I think.)

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 12

If you see those Cusipro snapfit cutters, get them! They are awesome and take up little space. They nest inside each other.

They have heart,stars,circles(plain or crimped),squares(plain or crimped), Christmas Trees and a variety shape set.

The circles are awesome if you want to make those Martha Stewart wedding cake cookies. They are sets of 5, plastic with round handles so they are nice for kids to use.

I am looking to find the hearts hopefully in time for Valentines day. I've seen then online but I like trying to find them in a store.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 12

great question~!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:05am
post #7 of 12

I've just started doing cookies and already have a large collection of cutters (most of which I'll probably never get to use), and I think my scalloped square is rapidly becoming my favorite. Its shape naturally lends itself as a blank canvas. It measures 3 1/2" x 3 1/2".

I just finished a batch of these. I hope to decorate them for a baby shower for Saturday. If I don't use them, I can freeze them and decorate them according to my future needs.

This is the cutter.

This is the first cookie I ever made using it.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:15pm
post #8 of 12

Kim. those cookies are amazing!!!!!!!!!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:30pm
post #9 of 12

Kim, that is easily one of the most impressive cookies I have ever seen. How many of those did you make?!?
Fabulous!!!

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:39pm
post #10 of 12

ladixiechic1, I am so obsesses with cookie cutters I have over 400 call me insane. I alway try to find a way to use mine in more ways than one like the witch hat I have used as a ghost, a witches face and a tornado. the flip flop I have used as a baby shoe, golf green hole in one. the palm trees as firecrackers. Candy corn as a tombstone. I could go on and on. I find cookie cutters fun As you can tell cookies are my passion. The possibilities are endless.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:09pm
post #11 of 12

txcupcake, Thanks! I think I made less than a dozen. It's actually a design I found posted on Flickr by Nancy's Fancy, ada Nancy Didion. She is an illustrator who also makes amazing cookies. She has several designs made using this cutter.

I'm still learning, so I look for designs that are challenging and will help me to improve my skill.

GeminiRJ Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #12 of 12

Nancy's Fancy....absolutely fabulous cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%