Doll Cake

Decorating By babydbones Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 4:01pm by ShayShay

babydbones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babydbones Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 5

i'm not 100% on how to make a doll cake. i have the pampered chef batter bowl that i can make it in there, but i'm not sure if i make it with 1 box or 2. or what all i'm supposed to do. any help. thanks!!!

4 replies
terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

I like to bake an angel food cake.....place the top of the cake face down on your board, shape the the cake to make it look like the skirt... and use the extra cake to fill the hole and hold the doll in position. One cake mix does the trick.

Does that make sense..?

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 5

I've only ever made mine with the wonder mold pan, but I guess it would depend on how big you want the skirt to be. I would at least fill the bowl half way... more if you want it larger/taller. You want it to be at least tall enough to fit the doll up to it's waist, unless you're using the doll picks. Once it's baked & cooled... just stick your doll down the middle (I wrap the legs in Saran wrap first), then decorate as you wish. HTH

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5

I used the wondermold cake pan, but I think it is pretty close in size to the pampered chef, and I also baked a small round cake to put under so two cakes. It just gave the doll some height and didn't make her look squished. there's a picture of her in my photos if you want to have a look. The one i'm talking about is in a pink dress. (not the bratz doll, there is an actual "barbie" cake down further)

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 5

oops sorry, had a double post icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%