Fbct - Can It Be Done With Whimsical Bakehouse Bc?

Decorating By SweetResults Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm by TexasSugar

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 3

I have a ton of Whimsical Baskhouse BC left over. Have never done FBCT - will it work with this even tho it does not crust? Or will it melt when I take it out and end up with a big mess?

Anyone know?

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not real familiar with that icing, but does it have alot of butter in it?? If it does yes it will work, if you have problems getting the waxed paper off the transfer, place the cake and all right into the fridge until the icing is solid again and peal the paper right off while the cake is still in there

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 3

No matter what type of icing you use it shouldn't melt when it thaws. You need an icing that will freeze hard, but once it is on the cake and it thaws it will be the same consistancy as what it was before it was frozen.

I haven't used that recipe, but what I would suggest with any new icing that you want to try the techinque is try it out. Not by making a full transfer, but rather taking some of it and piping it on wax paper, parchment paper or plastic wrap and put it in the freezer to see if it does get hard and will release from what ever backing you used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%